Sunday, March 23, 2008

All Sunny

You can get some great casual shots with babies if you are just willing to sit and wait. Her uncle kept putting her in a sun beam and her great-grandmother kept telling him to move her. Although I know it was tough for her to see, I liked the effect it was giving her against her uncles dark shirt. I waited for him to wiggle her back into the sun and her to concentrate on the book and snapped.

As much as I liked the resulting photo I wanted to enhance the color of her skin and increase the drama against his dark shirt. The low key filter helped bring out the color in her skin. I then applied the darken/lighten filter to fade his dark shirt into the background. I next applied the vignette blur, making sure that the center point was on her nose.

Another one for her baby book.

No comments: